These resource emerged from a 2019 webinar held by Asian Americans Advancing Justice.
Webinar on Engaging College Students on the 2020 Census in October. You can view the webinar recording online, and the presentation is below for reference.
Below are resources mentioned by speakers on the webinar that can be useful in engaging college students on “get out the count” efforts.
- APIAVote’s Why The Census Matters to Young AAPIs Video – Share the video and upload a photo or short video to your social media to share why the census is important to YOU! For those of you who are bilingual, we encourage you to also share your thoughts in-language. Tag @apiavote and use the hashtags #AAPI2020 and #CountUsIn.
- APIAVote’s Census Scenarios Quiz (attached) – This is a community education resource on being counted in different scenarios.
- Higher Education 2020 Census Toolkit – This is a guide for administrators to tailor census outreach efforts on college campuses.
- Campus Compact Census 2020 Hub – This knowledge hub provides census information and resources for institutions of higher education.
- American Library Association’s Libraries’ Guide to the 2020 Census – This is a toolkit for libraries working on GOTC.
- Census Bureau Partner Resources – This is the Census Bureau’s hub of outreach materials which are available for different audiences, including educators and schools.
You can find more resources at www.countusin2020.org including past webinars, blogs, a toolkit, factsheets, and more.