When thinking about outreach efforts, a holiday or holiday season can be a great way to integrate work your CBO is already doing with 2020 Census efforts. I was just curious if anyone had any ideas or planned activities for the Fall & Winter holidays and/or even thinking about the Spring–which is prime Census season.
I came across this Dinner Table Tips for the Holidays! Toolkit from a national partner focusing on outreach to Asian American communities. It’s a great resource overall and can hopefully be shared or adapted for your organizational needs.
The toolkit includes:
• Helpful ways to talk about the Census
• FAQs and answers to tough questions
• Sample texts you can use in a group chat!
• Email template & social media promotional template
• 2 versions for Asian American & Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander audiences